Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Musical Obsession

If you read my blog, know me in person, or know just one thing about me you will know that I am a giant band nerd. I play clarinet, saxophone, and flute. I also own a keyboard and sometimes I like to sit in front of it and pretend that I'm talented. But now I have added yet another instrument to the rotation!

Wait for it......
Wait for it.....


I play guitar now :3
BTWs Best guitar drawing ever :P

Yep, I've been playing guitar for about a month now. It is surprisingly easy to learn and I am very proud of myself. Considering that for the fist nine months of playing saxophone I sounded like a mix between a wood pecker and a cat that was being stabbed repeatable and that I still can't play two notes on the flute without having to take a breath so that I end up looking like I'm having an asthma attack, I think my progress on the guitar is sensational.

So about two months ago I decided that my dads guitar needed to make it's way out of the storage room. So I brought it into my room to join the family of instruments. For about the first month it just kinda sat in my room and I would stare at it imagining how cool it would be to be able to play it. 

It wasn't till a few weeks ago that I actually got it out of the case and broke out youtube to learn to play If I'm James Dean You're Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens. That song was incredibly easy. And I've been driving my family crazy with it for the last month.

The reason I didn't learn anything else is because, and if you play guitar you will totally understand this, you need a capo to play every single cool song out there. I guess singers just can't sing in the right key to save their lives so they have to make the guitar players use capos in order to make it so they don't sound like dying cats.

But last week it arrived! I finally have a capo!!!!! So now I have been playing guitar non stop. Yesterday I literally got home, picked up the guitar, and played for the next two and a half hours. My dad can in to take me to karate at six and I was like "What???? Where did all the time go?!?!" I think I just transported myself to magical guitar land were everything but music completely vanishes.

But those two hours were well spent because now I can play If It Means A Lot To You by A Day to Remember like a total boss.

And the night before that my dad came into my room and told me that the guitar was officially mine. YAY!!

Yep, and now I have five instruments. One day when I become ultimate ruler of the universe I think it will be a law for every single one of my subjects to have to learn to play an instrument.
It will be a good world.

No comments:

Post a Comment