Monday, February 24, 2014

Why I was a Weird kid

When I was a little kid I had what some people might refer to as an "overactive" imagination. I understand that everybody was imaginative when they were little, but I was a bit different.

Where to start?
You might like to know that I have extreme ADD, or attention deficit disorder, and we didn't know it until I was in like.... third grade. Meaning that I went through all of 1st grade, 1st grade again, and 2nd grade with the attention span of a ten year old boy watching Twilight. And yes, I did 1st grade twice. Only the incredibly special kids get to do that more than once. :3

So how did I spend this time?
You would think that 1st graders would be hyperactive and excited.

Well I was. To the point where I couldn't go a hour without falling out of my chair. The other kids got used to it and just ignored me. My teacher constantly complained to my parents about it. And I honestly couldn't understand why it was a problem. I would just be sitting at my desk calmly and learning how to spell words like cat, hat, bat, and calling my teach fat. Then all of a sudden WHOOOP, I would be on the floor.

I also day dreamed a lot. Like..... at lot a lot.

When I was little I was completely one hundred percent convinced that I belonged in the anime world. I had an imaginary charmander in the second grade. By second grade kids are really too old for imaginary friends. But I wasn't. I was also convinced that Sasuke (from Naruto) was going to take me to the hidden leaf village and Kakashi was going to train me to become a ninja.  It was going to happen.

Eventually my day dreaming just turned into flat out sleeping.

The first time I remember actually falling asleep for an extended period of time during class was in 2nd grade. My teacher didn't even bother to wake me up, she just let me sleep for like an hour.

The same teacher also ignored me when I was feeling super duper sick! I felt like my stomach, liver, kidney, and all other organs had a party last night and they were all recovering from their hangovers. So I had my hand in the air for something like 20 minutes, trying to ask Mrs. Teacher if I could go to the nurse. But apparently my illness was of no concern to her when she was describing the art of making a cursive r. So you know what happened? I threw up all over my desk. That will teach her not to ignore a child.

So let's move forward to 3rd grade. I vividly remember asking my teacher why the hell we were learning how to read a clock for the third year in a row. I guess she didn't appreciate my sass because she held me in class during lunch and made me do a bunch of math papers when I should have been eating.

Next! Ok so I guess that the ADD meds were working because after 3rd grade I was moved into the "HA" class. HA meaning High Ability. More like hahahaha no way I'm in that. When you're in fourth grade high ability basically means you have the ability to comprehend what is happening in the Harry Potter Books.

Let me make it very clear that I have no idea in hell how I was placed into this class. I was the equivalent of a spazzy puppy who was just placed into a room full of highly trained police dogs and was expected to sniff out drugs.

And the teacher expected us all to be super mega brains because she made us forth graders do sixth grade math and our spelling worlds were things that no normal person would ever use in conversation ever.

We literally had words like:
aficionado
ennui
bivouacking
chartreuse
I don't even know what those words mean.

Plus she hated me.

She was one of those teachers that would pick favorites. And her favorites were always kids who were popular! I'm sure you have realized that I was absolutely not popular. So basically she picked on me. Yeah, 4th grade sucked.

There are some of my weird elementary school stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment