Friday, February 28, 2014

Drawing.... Bleh!

If you read my blog regularly you will know that occasionally I illustrate my blog with very poorly drawn pictures that I make on this wonderfully frustrating site.

I hate it.

I can't draw for shit. I am very artistic, don't get me wrong. But I am artistic in a musical way. Not a drawy, painty, visual, way. The way people can visualize things in their head and reproduce them perfectly on paper in the exact way the imagine it fascinates me. I want to be good at drawing. I practice drawing anime every now and then but they usually don't come out very well.

So why did I decide to start illustrating my posts? Well, basically I have friends who are super duper talented when it comes to drawing and they illustrate their blog posts. Drawings make you posts more interesting and even when you have a really long post breaking it up with drawings makes the reader want to pay attention instead of them feeling intimidated by the huge amount of text. Plus their drawings make their blogs extremely funny and they have a shit ton of page views.

My expectations for blog illustrations. 


Reality



My thinking process was this.
I want pageviews! I want my blog to be popular! How can I do this? I know! I can copy my friends in a inauspicious endeavor to be artistic!
.
.
.
....... Wonderful idea, wasn't it?

Not only are my drawings awful, they also take FOREVER to make and are tremendously difficult to do on a computer. I don't understand how anybody can do such good drawings on a computer! How is this possible? I just don't know. I am obviously not coordinated enough for this.
I hope you guys appreciate the work I put into these drawings!


No comments:

Post a Comment