Sunday, February 9, 2014

Why I am Awful with Money

It's a well know fact that teens should never be trusted with money. But recently I have actually been making some.

I didn't get a job....... I watch Henry.....

Henry is a 60Lb hunk of pure boxer muscle.

And no..... I don't mean Henry Cooper, the british boxer:



I mean this boxer:



Yes, I have decided that dog sitting is the best job you can have. Henry's owner leaves town frequently for business and he lives right next door to me. So I get to go over to Henry's house (yes, it is Henry's home, he has complete control) and watch the giant TV that is there, take Henry for walks (which is actually good for me too cuz I never do anything), and feed him. Yep I just go over there and cuddle with him, do homework, and watch TV.

And then TA-DAH!!!



I have money!

I started watching Henry and some of the other neighborhood dogs last year. And I never spent any of the money I earned. Why? Because I had a goal.....



ANIME BANZAI

"What is this?" You ask. Well, my friend, I will not tell you in detail because you will be weirded out. But I will tell you that it is what all Otakús dream of. For this special trip I had to buy a costume, pay my share of a hotel room for three days, and pay the admittance fee for all three days. That came close $200 right there. But it was money well spent for three days of fun.

Now this isn't the bit I considered bad. The bit that I considered bad was that I brought another $200 for food and a few souvenirs. An important bit of information for this part of the story to make sense to you is that my mom bought me a shit ton of junk food for "snacks" over the long weekend. Then she sent me off with the mother of my friend. I saw said mother a total of twice the entire three days.

So the bit about using the money I brought to buy food went out the window entirely. I lived off of cookies, chips, and yogurt covered raisins for those three days.

I spent every last cent of money on anime merchandise........ I came home with nothing. I actually had three dollars left. But then I saw a bell with Hello Kitty in a Panda Hat.
.
.
.
I have a panda hat and hello kitty is the cutest thing to happen since the first baby panda bear was born.(Yes I am aware that when pandas are born they look like naked mole rats, picture them after a few weeks)
.
.
.
So I just had to have the bell.

And there it went. Four HUNDRED dollars that I spent a entire YEAR saving just vanished.



It has been three months since then and I have realized that I am able to get a lot more money a lot faster now that I have an established position as the neighborhood dog walker.

My next goal for saving is to go to Warped Tour. But that is not an expensive goal. I actually already have my ticket.


The goal is actually to waste around another $100 dollars on posters and T-shirts. But let me tell you something "If it makes you happy, then get it" Those are the words I live buy. So even though I know I will get home and my parents will be like "Look at all the shit you wasted money on!" or "You already have tons of shirts with your stupid bands on then!"
I will still buy all the things.
I am also currently saving for Banzai again.
But because both these things are so far away, and because I am a child who does not have to worry about bills and food and other such things, I am currently spending money on completely irrelevant things.

For example:
All pictures are curtesy of Amazon.com.

Totoro Onesie 
I will never wear this more than twice......
but when I do I will feel nothing but joy.

Black Veil Brides Wretched and Divine Box Set
Because I love them too much to not have the three extra songs
 and the movie so I need to spend more.

BVB Poster
Imagine walking into you room and always seeing them :3

More posters

Blue Exorcist Manga
Because I am a nerd

Attack on Titan Manga
because like I said... I am a nerd

One Piece Manga
I just can't not have One Piece manga. I need all 70 volumes... I am at 22 right now.

And many other things like Pokemon sweatshirts, more BVB shirts, batman sweatshirts, and Beatles shirts.


And that is why I am awful with money.

Goodbye for now my little Panda Bears! \(*.*)/

No comments:

Post a Comment