Friday, November 22, 2013

Bye Bye Birdie

Last night was my High Schools opening performance of Bye Bye Birdie. I am in the pit orchestra for the show and let me tell you, it has been ruining my life for the past month.



Don't get me wrong, it has been a ton of fun. But it has literally become my life. Ever day after school I had to stay until six o'clock to practice. This has been the hardest music I have even had to play and the most work I have ever had to put into something.

For the past four weeks I have been stressing out over one specific song.

Spanish Rose


I sat there for the entire show thinking about it and now wanting screw it up and destroy the entire play.




That song will be the reason I jump of the balcony of the auditorium. Half the song is a clarinet solo, all me. And I literally could not play it until last night.

I sat there, staring at the music thinking, Oh God here it comes. I put the clarinet on my face and I hear the moment of silence before my solo. And then I play.


But it was amazing! My band director always talks about superman syndrome and about how we have to go home and practice because we aren't going to be magically good on the of the performance. Well I beg to differ.

I played it the best I haver had. I was so proud of myself! 


My reaction to me actually succeeding was this.








And now all of the practices are over, we just have three more performances to go and then I'm done! DONE!!! I am so sick of this show. I know every single line by this point and all of the jokes are no longer funny.

Even when a girl has to scream at the top of her lungs "LET'S HAVE AN ORGY " (pronounced wrong)

It's just not funny anymore.

But after Saturday I never have to listen to "WE LOVE YOU COMRADE, OH YES WE DO" ever again! I think I probably hate Comrade more than Mr. McAfee does.......

Good Bye for now my little Panda Bears! \(*.*)/


No comments:

Post a Comment